Co-Founder and Director
Beecher Grogan is the Director of Lucy’s Love Bus and the mother of our founder, Lucy Grogan. She has two other beautiful children named Jane and Eli. Beecher lives in Massachusetts with her children and a very vocal Chihuahua, Lukie. Beecher is a featured writer in the book, 'Twelve Breaths a Minute', a series of essays that has been highlighted on National Public Radio. She has also written a book for children with cancer called 'A Lion Inside' that will be released in May of 2014. Beecher’s boundless enthusiasm and drive are only matched by her passion to deliver comfort and quality of life to children with cancer. She has made it her purpose and personal mission to do everything possible for pediatric cancer patients around the country.
Beecher is available for speaking engagements for children, teens or adults to share Lucy's story and her message of hope, humor and inspiration. For more information, or to book a speaking engagement, please call our office at (978) 834-6490.
"Your strength and ability to be "exposed" to a roomful of over 100 people is so incredibly admirable and inspiring. It is people like you and Lucy who push us to be better... To give back... To keep a sense of humor... And most importantly- to continue living in every sense of the word- even when the world doesn't make any sense. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart."
-Danielle McFadden, Executive Director, Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce
Program and Marketing Manager
Jackie Walker is a recent graduate of Northeastern University. Raised in Baltimore, Jackie is new to northern Massachusetts, but has already come to love the bike trails and the coastline. With parents who met while working in a pediatric oncology unit at Johns Hopkins Hospital and a sister working towards becoming a Child Life Specialist, Jackie believes that working with and for children with cancer must run in the family. She hopes that her knowledge of social media combined with her deep belief in and commitment to the mission of Lucy’s Love Bus will help ensure that pediatric cancer patients all around the nation are able to receive the comfort and quality of life they deserve.
Case Manager Intern
Bio coming soon!
Bio coming soon!
Board of Directors:
- Jerry Murphy, Board Chair - Owner, Old Court Pub & Restaurant
- Laurie Cote, Member - CEO, DSI Marketing Communications
- Beecher Grogan, Resident Agent - Executive Director, Lucy's Love Bus
- Jose Javier, Member - Vice President, Metro Financial Solutions
- Kristine Murphy, Secretary - Senior Director of Real Estate, Talbots Inc.
- Alan Fagan, Member - Sales Manager North America, EPS Global LLC
- Steve Jones, Member - VP Community Development, Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union
- Steve Stewart, Treasurer - Senior VP of Commerical Lending, Sage Bank
- Kelly Balestrieri, Member - Microwave Assembler Specialist, Lockheed Martin
Past Board Members:
- Rob Ouellette, Founding Chair 2006-2011
- Susan Woodsom, Chair 2011-2013
- Kim Rock
- Freeman Condon
- Bill Piercey
- Brandi Giles
- Lori Malnati
- Steve Fleming